Ultimate Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- 1 chia/flax egg
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 cans black beans
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½-1 red pepper, chopped finely
- ½ yellow onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tbs garlic powder
- ½ tbs onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Step 1 - Before preparing your black bean burgers, begin cooking your quinoa according to package instructions. Also prepare your flax or chia egg by combining 1 tablespoon ground chia/flax with 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for 5-10 minutes to gelatinize.
- Step 2 - Rinse your beans, transfer to a large mixing bowl, and mash with a masher until mashed well. (it’s okay to have leave some texture if you choose to)
- Step 3 - Add your cooked quinoa along with the rest of your ingredients to the bowl and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Step 4 - Form into patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Step 5 - Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before eating. You can enjoy them just like this or transfer to a searing pan and cook over medium-high heat with a tiny bit of olive oil to crisp the burgers up.
- I enjoyed mine on a gluten-free bun with fresh romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, onion, ketchup, and my special sauce which is made from ¾ cup raw cashews, 1 tbs sriracha sauce, ¼ tsp himalayan salt, ½ tsp garlic powder, 1 tbs apple cider vinegar, and just enough water to help blend.