Cauliflower chickpea curry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch thumb ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp ground coriander (optional)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (or sub 28oz can of diced tomato + liquid)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ cup water + ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk, or 1 can light coconut milk
- 3 cups chopped kale or spinach
- In a deep skillet or pot, heat the oil and sauté the onion for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and the rest of the spices, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, cauliflower, coconut milk, and water, and bring to a boil. reduce to low heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered, until cauliflower is tender. add in kale/spinach, turn off the heat and cover with lid, and let sit for a few minutes. season to taste and serve over rice.